Heavy Equipment Inspection
Qualimet provides expert inspection and certification of a wide variety of heavy industrial equipment, including:
- overhead cranes, gantry cranes, and mobile cranes
- hoists and manlifts
- picker trucks and forklifts
- mobile equipment
- aerial lifts
- materials handling equipment
- earthmoving equipment and other heavy equipment
- drilling rigs and mining equipment
- service rigs
- knuckle and articulating booms
- telescoping boom frames
- numerous other critical components of machinery
Qualimet is certified as an inspection organisation by the Canadian Welding Bureau under standard CSA W178.1, "Certification of Welding Inspection Organizations". All inspections are carried out by CSA W178.2 Certified Inspectors and CGSB certified technicians under the direction of a Professional Engineer. Qualimet's staff includes Professional Engineers registered in Ontario, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and BC.
Inspections are performed in accordance with:
- the applicable codes (ASME, CWB, CSA W59, etc.)
- applicable Regulatory Authority guidelines (ABSA, for example)
- the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations
- the manufacturer's specifications
If defects are found, they are reported for correction. At the client's request, our engineering staff will make repair recommendations and oversee repairs. Certification is provided once the equipment is brought to an acceptable standard.
See more information on lifting equipment services.
Small Equipment Inspections Program
If you run a fleet of small construction equipment such as man-baskets, forklifts, etc., you can now take advantage of Qualimet's new half-day and full-day bulk inspection rates.
Not only will we inspect your fleet, our Equipment Inspections Team will make sure you get a courtesy reminder well in advance of your next certification renewal date.
Contact Qualimet for more information.
Related Articles - Equipment Inspection
Buying Used Equipment? A Pre-Purchase Inspection Gives Great Value (June 2015)
Making Sure Your Equipment Inspections Run Smoothly (February 2014)
Welding Repairs — Planning Makes All the Difference (April 2013)
EVERYBODY'S Crane is Cracked (November 2012)
Heavy Equipment Modifications: Good Design is the Key to Long Life (November 2012)
When to Call In an Equipment Inspector (November 2012)